Spending time outdoors is a Cub Scout tradition and is a great way for family and friends to enjoy quality time together.
Things to know:
- There is no potable water on site. Bring enough water for you and your family for the weekend.
- Dinner Saturday Night: The Bear Den will be taking care of the main dish, but please bring a side dish big enough to feed ten people. More details below…
- Sunday morning breakfast will be provided by the Wolf and Webelos Dens.
- There will be a number of organized activities. One of them will be to toss and launch eggs. Bring some building materials as described below.
12:00 to 2:00 pm arrive and setup tents
Remember to bring a tarp to place under your tent – ground can be rocky
2:00 – 3:00 pm : Free Time
3:00 – 3:30 pm : Build egg toss / egg launch holders for eggs (egg goes into holder then its launched for distance – egg must survive) (egg toss, toss egg in homebuilt container without dropping / breaking the egg)
Bring foam pads, bubble wrap, tape, etc to make something. We provide the eggs!!! Must build / install egg on site.
3:30 Colors – Raise the Flag W2
3:30 – 4:30 pm : egg launch and egg toss
Egg launch for distance
4:30 – 5:30 : clean up and get setup for dinner
Bring side dishes and drinks please – Bears will be BBQ-ing a great main dish!
Bring your washable plates – pack will have a washing station setup. Please try to avoid paper plates; we are packing out our own trash.
7:00 : Strike the Colors – Wolves; Start Camp Fire – W2
One Skit and one song per den
9:00 end of camp fire – time to brush teeth
9:45 adult meeting at campfire circle
Sun-up to 8:00 AM pack up
8:00 AM Pack Breakfast provided by Webelos and Wolves
What to bring camping:
- Your spouse and kids
- Tent (with tarp for the ground, door mat to keep it clean inside and a chair to place outside your door)
- Sleeping bags and sleeping pad
- PILLOW (keeps the neck straight the next day)
- Fuzzy bunny slippers for in the tent (if needed)
- Cooler for drinks, H20 is number one! Other drinks OK.
- Camping plates / utensils / cups (pack has a dish wash and sterilize station for washing)
- One extra trash bag to keep the area clean
- Cooking pans / stove / utensils / cooking stove if you have one
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Sun block and a hat
- Paper Towels
- Rope for a clothes line (to hold your towel)
- Side Dish for dinner
- Food for den breakfast
- Extra clothes, socks, etc…uniforms for Scouts.
- Some wood for the camp fire (each den please have one family bring a box of wood)
- What ever else you need for a great night of camping
- Foam, tape, etc. to build a container for the egg launch
- And don’t forget the kids!